Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request for donations
Just got the 10-4, and I can definitely empathize.  I've donated a couple times over the years, I can certainly provide some again.  Might not be till Friday, but I know very well what it's like to be in dire straits and need some support from somewhere, anywhere.  

You've given a lot to the Squad as a whole over the years, more than has been given back.  And I admit I've been guilty of not giving much back as well.  Honestly, at this point, I would rather you were taking care of more immediate needs.  The site can always be brought back at a later date, reimagined, a new mission in life, maybe even turned into a  company or whatever.  Just because the site may shut down does not mean that RBL is dead.  RBL is the Squad, the members of it that have stuck in for years longer than most other squadrons that have existed.  We should be in a record book somewhere at this point.  

But we certainly don't keep coming back here for the gaming, cause frankly, a lot of us just aren't doing it (that's definitely me).  We do it because of the members, and despite the differences we've had in the past, we still stick around.  For Mama Wookie's stew, Aslan's rooties, R2Vader's eccentricities, Snoop's red baron fascination, Az's runins with Nurse C...and Holmes keepin this station, this place, this house that we visit every so often going when he could have called it quits at any time.  

So my recommendation Holmes is if you have to, be willing to close the site down for now.  We can set up a temporary free forum if we need to, and a lot of us have each other on some kind of email or IM program, and the site can come back at a later date.  

I can't give much right now, but I will give what I can.  Things will get better.  And one way or another, we'll still be here.  

Edit: As a follow-up, I've been informed that the fella who runs the Trekie site that I've frequented and brought RBL in (in RP form at any rate) may be willing to host the site on his server.  I can look into it and if it's true, then that'd be a $100 charge off your hands for awhile.  
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.

Messages In This Thread
Request for donations - by Holmes - 02-17-2011, 07:45 PM
Re: Request for donations - by Azis - 02-17-2011, 08:08 PM
Re: Request for donations - by Snoopy - 02-18-2011, 05:14 PM
Re: Request for donations - by Acehigh - 02-18-2011, 08:35 PM
Re: Request for donations - by Azis - 02-18-2011, 10:39 PM
Re: Request for donations - by Snoopy - 02-19-2011, 03:27 PM
Re: Request for donations - by M1A2Tanker - 02-19-2011, 10:59 PM
Re: Request for donations - by Holmes - 02-20-2011, 03:52 PM
Re: Request for donations - by Man53 - 03-15-2011, 04:34 AM
Re: Request for donations - by Goku1 - 08-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Re: Request for donations - by Holmes - 08-06-2011, 03:23 PM