RBL Comlink
TIPS, LINKS, GUIDES, HOWTOS - Printable Version

+- RBL Comlink (https://rblsquad.com/comlink)
+-- Forum: Games (https://rblsquad.com/comlink/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Star Wars Galaxies (SWG) (https://rblsquad.com/comlink/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: TIPS, LINKS, GUIDES, HOWTOS (/thread-928.html)

Pages: 1 2

TIPS, LINKS, GUIDES, HOWTOS - Holmes - 12-06-2005

Thought I would post some handy links for SWG. Anyone with mod privs feel free to add to my post... or add to the thread if you don't.
All links with a strike-through in them are view-able and linked to the archive.org wayback machine as the websites are gone.

Re: noob info - Simon - 12-06-2005

Cool!

Didn't knew there was a SWG wiki  ;D

Re: TIPS, LINKS, GUIDES, HOWTOS - Snoopy - 12-21-2005

Never know what 'Santa' might put in your stocking Azis....lol.  *Hides the nubian princess*  No, no! WRONG stocking!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Re: TIPS, LINKS, GUIDES, HOWTOS - Holmes - 03-01-2006

/update

Added a fishing tutorial

Re: TIPS, LINKS, GUIDES, HOWTOS - Azis - 03-01-2006

Sccchhhhhhhweeeeet!  8)

Re: TIPS, LINKS, GUIDES, HOWTOS - Snoopy - 03-01-2006

There's actually a tutorial for fishing in there now?  :Smile

Re: TIPS, LINKS, GUIDES, HOWTOS - murdock - 08-03-2007

Ok ok ok you talked me into it I broke down and bought SWG!!!! NOW WHAT do I do?......besides get off my dead hairy *** and install my DVD drive and install it.

Re: TIPS, LINKS, GUIDES, HOWTOS - murdock - 08-04-2007

OMG I didnt realize it was a PAY-TO-PLAY Game! :o :o :o >Sad >Sad
I hate that dang it sorry guys I dont think I'll be play that after the free month (gotta get something for my money).

Re: TIPS, LINKS, GUIDES, HOWTOS - Azis - 08-04-2007

DOH! gota read the fm(f***me) print BEFORE you purchase  :'(

No doubt bro would be one or two others of us still hangin round ifin it had been free. I think Snoop is the last one of us still feeding Sony. Aslan prolly is still also but aint seen him post in a spell now.

Have fun with that freebie heheh, you be lucky if you get the game updated and a toon figured by then.  :o

Re: TIPS, LINKS, GUIDES, HOWTOS - Snoopy - 08-04-2007

Yeah, it DOES bite having to pay to play, but you DO get hooked on it.  And with the sore lack of other options(esp. decent Star Wars space playing games), it does keep you occupied.

As Azis said, loading the game and then adding all the updates, takes a wee bit of time  :'(.  Once you make it past THAT hurtle(at least, you don't have to hang around for the updating) you get to decide on WHICH server you want to play on.  Keep in mind that per account, you're allowed up to 8 toons, although no more than 2 per server(Dunno if the same applies for the free month), so you can always try different species toons and professions as time permits without deleting an existing toon.(Of course, playing a wookie is an obvious 1st choice, likely...lol).  Active servers provide more interaction with other players than the more quiet servers.  Gorath, which is where the main RBL city base is located, is actually a rather quiet server.  If you set up there, Hobovu is currently active and can likely help get you started.  Holmes I think is current city mayor, but not sure if his account is current or not.  NO idea who the current guild leader is there. I haven't been active there for some time, but I can always pop over if I know you're on there. Aslan WAS active there, but I haven't seen hide nor hair of him around of late either.

A second server option is Starsider. I'm current guild leader for RBL city there(yep, got a small city set up on that server too) and current city mayor is a player called Alock. Holmes and Azis originally started this outpost up because of the active space players on the server and it continues to have a reasonable # of active players on it.  Certainly, I can give you a hand there getting a new toon established.  I'm also active on Flurry and Bria, if you want to try out 1 of those instead.

Once you put together a toon(coming up with an original name for your toon might be fun too....I had to go with Snoop'y, for example, to use a name close to what I use in here), take the tutorial on the station to get a feel for the controls before you come down to the planet for the 1st time, otherwise you could end up like Aslan was at 1st...(wandering the Tatoinne desert aimlessly...lol) and be quite lost.  Put up a post on which server your on and what time(s) you'll be on and I'll try to meet up with you.  Also post your toon's name so I can add it to my friends list and watch for you online.