Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Gen Gamers (console warriors)
The first strike was landed today as Micro$oft unveiled the price and package bundles that will come when the Xbox 360 ships (rumor has it) in November.  There will be 2 packages at launch.  The "premium bundle" will feature a 20 gb hd, wireless controler, 360 system, hd cables, remote control,  ect ect and will be for the bargain price of roughly $400.  The "core" bundle will come with the system, a stone aged corded controller, standard s-video cables, and here's the catch no HDD!@#$%^&*()  ohhhhh and this poor man's version will retail for roughly $300, but if you are like me and hate memory cards, you'll have to shell out another $100 for that HDD anyway. 

All the industry reporters seem to think this is a good idea, but they also are the rich high and mighty that can already afford the high def life style.  The average poor man worker won't be able to afford the new set up and having a set up without the hard drive could kill microsoft.  Sony's optional hard drive for the ps2 was a universal flop, so why do these guys think it's a good idea?  Anyways that's the latest news on anything next gen.  There's been no word from sony and nintendo, but the big N never says anything.

Ace out
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
Soooo.....the premium is basically everything you would WANT...while the core is....nothing.  Having to spend for an extra $100 would make the price of the core as much as the premium and you would still be out the other fun items.

Yea...that's a real rip.  Best to go with the premium over the 'core' version since you pay only $400 for it all instead of constantly shelling out the cash.
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
That is correct sir.  But there's another issue altogether here as well.  The connection cords for the premium bundle will be HD cables, so poor men like me who can't afford an hd tv set, will have to shell out $30 for the S-video cables, plus ya gotta get an extra controller and a game when you get the hardware.  Talking serious bucks here.  I'm a shooter/sports game kinda guy and those always just felt better on the xbox.  Depending on what kind of $$$$  Sony throws out there, I might take a serious look at a PS3.  But I'd never get another anything from nintendo, just my personal choice lol. 
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
yeah, screw nintendo.
It's best to watch a furball collapse, analyzing the movements of the enemy. Watch how they maneuver, when they fire, how they break. Visualize your own attacks against those observations, then go in for the kill. Sometimes, though, you don't get that advantage. It's at these times where you go in guns blazing, but keep your head on a swivel.
and now My input.... ok Here's the deal with microsoft, they are doing the base $300 launch system for the parents. $300 is what parents expect to see on a launch date, no matter how new the system is, its been that way for 10 years now, and Micro$oft doesn't want even more outraged parents. The $400 launch was the original price they wanted to charge, but do to their marketing ideas they had to add a few extra goodies to make people feel it was worth the extra $100... the Universal HardDrive for Sony was a flop, however X-box 360 is more of a computer than any other system has even gotten near to, and thus they are hoping the HDD will be a more popular attraction to the market than Sony's failed attempt.....

As far as "Yeah Screw Nintendo" You're making a mistake sir, however rumor has it that Nintendo is planning to charge a usage fee for this oh so awesome idea that they have of allowing 100% full legal downloads of all previously existing Nintendo games. I'd buy the Nintendo Revolution just for that, if they don't try to charge for it.

Do not under estimate the power of the dark side!
I wan tto the revolution for one game......SMASH PLANET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The sequeal to SSBM (Super Smash Bros. Melee) It has the WI-FI option for the revolution which will let you play with any person ON THE PLANET how i no this you ask? I get nintendo power magazine.

(AND MY BROSWERS BACK UP HUZZAH)
Powered up, Blasters ready, lets do this!
Bro technically thats the same thing that X-box has accelled at the most, and that even Sony got to offer with their Playstation modem, ONLINE play, on x-box its called X-box Live, but you're going to have to pay for it.... most likely, as with the newest X-box live developments, they are "removing" the x-box live monthly fee, and adding an extra feature for the hard-core x-box live customers to continue paying the monthly fee for extra toys and goodies.

Nintindo keeps quiet, its what they are best at, nobody is 100% sure what they plan to throw at us with the release and launch of Nintendo Revolution.
Do not under estimate the power of the dark side!
Absolutely correct my friend.  The big N is always hush hush with their plans right up to launch day.  My biggest problem with them lately is that they taylor exclusively to the japanese audience and assume that will translate into success in the US and Europe.  Hopefully they know by now this isn't the case.  Honestly I was surprised they are still in the running, I heard somewhere they lost their arses on the gamecube. 

To my surprise too, Sony has been pretty quite as well.  Yes they have released their specs on the hardware, but I haven't seen any price listings, launch dates, or even a launch game line up from them.  I'm trying to report the facts unbiasedly, but I think everyone knows I'm a xbox guy lol.  As soon as I hear any more news I'll be sure to post.
Ninetendo makes most of it money off the GBA/SP and DS so thats why there still up i want a DS for Advance Wars: Duel strike im a sucker for tactical war games. I REALLY INJOY FIRE EMBLEM IT ROCKS.
Powered up, Blasters ready, lets do this!
i still say screw nintendo.
It's best to watch a furball collapse, analyzing the movements of the enemy. Watch how they maneuver, when they fire, how they break. Visualize your own attacks against those observations, then go in for the kill. Sometimes, though, you don't get that advantage. It's at these times where you go in guns blazing, but keep your head on a swivel.