Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Ace....I SCOOPED YA!!!
Looks like 'Revenge of the Sith' isn't gonna be the last of the Star Wars movies afterall. Latest word is that Lucas has changed his mind and outlined a NEW storyline taking place about 100 years before III, with a certain little green character as the hero. Don't toss out your lightsabers yet....
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.
I call bull on this one! Tongue

Where's you pwoof!!
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
I'll call this one as bull aswell, even though there's a ton of Yoda fans out there, it just doesn't seem like Lucas would try to push this one out. The series is what it is, and I'm not sure he'd be willing to risk screwing it up.

HOWEVER, what I have heard is that he's planning on re-releasing them all again, for the next aniversary 40 year I believe, with even better "Digital remastering" and quality.
Do not under estimate the power of the dark side!
cool and i will also say that this is bullcrap.
Powered up, Blasters ready, lets do this!
Welp, I quoted it off the MSN news wires. Beyond that, let the PROFESSIONAL RBL reporter dig into the story/rumour and give us the REAL lowdown.  Wink Well Ace??
*S*  ahhhh the masked beagle strikes again.  Smile  Wink  I haven't had alot of time to do research as my soccer team just found it's way back into the Iowa State Tournament next weekend !!!!!  But I'm calling bull for now as well.  Here's what I've heard for sure.  Lucas said something to this affect when interviewed before rots's official debut.  (paraphrased quote coming)  "ROTS will probably be the last film I undertake.  .....just don't have anything in mind as far as the story goes ect"

I have heard that Lucas is going to make two new series that will be on TV starting in 2006.  One series, as word on the street has it, is going to "bridge the gap" between ROTS and ANH (EP 3 and 4 for you non geeks)  The other series is under heavy lock and key, but I suspect could be a cartoon or something like those crappy ewok movies.  But that last part is pure speculation.  The first tv series is going to happen, read about that on the starwars.com websight and saw some et interviews with lucas. 

Ohhh and brother beagle lol you shall be smited an officially banned from the news room for quoting MSN as an official news source Smile Smile Smile
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
Heh, the funny part about it is, while I read it in the morning before rushing out the door for work(AND posting the comment), I agree that it DIDN'T jive with what I'd been picking up concerning future SW's projects. The main reason I commented on it in the 1st place WAS because it was such a change of plans. Naturally, I tried to re-pull up the specific clip when I came home, but lo and behold it's NO LONGER there. :Smile :'( :'( As such, I'm now suspicious myself. Certainly wouldn't be the 1st time a bogus news story got sent out(Newsweek anyone?). Just goes to show why I prefer to let ACE do the reporting Wink, at least, until he pulls a Dan Rather... ;D ;D ;D ;D
I'd rather someone scoop up Lucas's torch and continue with the origionally promissed 13 movies. Complete the story to at least the death of Grand Admiral Thrawn.
It's best to watch a furball collapse, analyzing the movements of the enemy. Watch how they maneuver, when they fire, how they break. Visualize your own attacks against those observations, then go in for the kill. Sometimes, though, you don't get that advantage. It's at these times where you go in guns blazing, but keep your head on a swivel.
I'd love to see the story continued out that far too.  Or even jump ahead and have a couple movies from the NJO series they had some major battles there that would look awesome on screen.
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
Problem is if you do that you've got all those novels that you might overlap or just flat out make incorrect.  That's why Lucas said he isn't going to make sequels to the originals as the novels have been doing an exceptional job telling the story already.
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.