Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Squadron Suggestions for Changes
This has been in discussion in the Officers deck (and for you officers who missed it, shame on you for loosing your keys to the LUXURIOUS Officers suites with complimentary Nubian Princesses Tongue ), and there's a rough framework set up more or less now for a reorganization of the squad.

Here's what in mind currently:
1.  Completely redo the Squad Roster here on the site.
2.  Retain the squads but transition them to other games as mentioned
3. Consolidate all pilots into one squad, but to maintain some unit cohesivness and identity (in case we ever expand again and for RPing) give the individual flight groups the names of the squads the pilots came from.  Example being, Oversquad RBL.  Flight Group One = Hawk FG2 = Cobra FG3 = Wrath FG4 = Wolf.  This also has the benefit of allowing for squad wars as we would still have the individual squads in RBL itself at BSC.  And we could leave the individual squad forums alone, letting folks use them as their Flight Group Comm instead (this just occured to me)
4.  Come up with a plan for allowing people to participate in more than game without there being crossed chains of command. 
5.  Construct the Wall of Honor (ie, tell me who's names HAVE to be on it so I can construct it or have it made).

Those are the really big ones right now, and they're quite drastic.  Everything afterwards is cake.  Suggestions, questions, comments or concerns anyone? 
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
For crying out loud people, you're reading this.  Let's HEAR something already!
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
A loud "Something" is heard in the distance [Image: icon_eyes.gif]
Ancient weapons n hokie religions kid.......every lil bit helps!
I am enlisted personel, not big brass officer. Whatever you all decide, I'm cool with it.
It's best to watch a furball collapse, analyzing the movements of the enemy. Watch how they maneuver, when they fire, how they break. Visualize your own attacks against those observations, then go in for the kill. Sometimes, though, you don't get that advantage. It's at these times where you go in guns blazing, but keep your head on a swivel.
I thought I heard something....  Wink

These changes effect all, and when all are asked for their input, they can give it.

~§~
You already HAD mine.  Tongue
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.
These were the latest changes, and you didn't comment on any of them other than my sudden and inexplicable memory loss. Tongue
~§~
What? You actually want to make ME THINK??!? (do you REALIZE what your asking??!?! Wink) My only real comment on the subject was to point out what your covering in point 4 and I DIDN'T have a solution to THAT 1. As for point 5, my feeling is the best people to get input there would be the still active founders of the group, or the longest serving still active members, i.e. Azis, Aslan, etc. (that ALSO gets me off the hook for thinking...lol)
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.
Well on a bit more serious note, only a bit more tho mind ya, I really don't spend much time in the arenas any more. I rarely if ever even make it to the other coms here. I do good just to make it here to the general and read, maybe post ta say hi or poke stuff heheheh.
What ever u's figure out is best I am sure will be a better informed decision than ne input I have to offer at this point.

It would be nice to have some sort of tribute or wall. Would be nice to have on the home page I think.

BTW Ordyh caught me on Yahoo messenger the other night Big Grin

Ancient weapons n hokie religions kid.......every lil bit helps!
The Wall of Honor has to be done, no question there.  It's been long overdue (and I'll take suggestions as to what names go on there as well).
~§~