Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joysticks
I recall some of us here were left-handed.  If they're still around, could you guys mention if you use a lef-handed joystick and if you do what is it?

Trying to locate one for someone.
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
Pup was da backwards one...I think he finally had to learn to fly right tho  :o
Ancient weapons n hokie religions kid.......every lil bit helps!
a left handed happy pole????????????

they make such blasphemy  :-X :-X ??? ;D
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
I never learned to fly right (YOU try flying a doghouse....you'll see), the erractic flying just made me a harder target to hit..lol.  ;D Seriously though, I've seen a few joysticks on the market that are for southpaws..cheapest is a basic model at Radio Shack that runs around 20 bucks(Can.) that I tend to doubt would hold up for to MY abuse for long. I have yet to see 1 I've been impressed with.
  Personally, I use a Wingman ForceFeedback 3D.  It's righthanded, but the grip isn't bad for a southpaw like myself, and the buttons on the js can be reached fairly easily with my left thumb. It only gets tricky if you want to use the throttle, since it's on the left(I've learned to put my right hand under my left and adjust it with my right while flying(don't laugh Azis) and that has worked fine for me. The other buttons on the base I tend to ignore anyway.
  Best recommendation is to shop around and look at all the existing models. Righthanded 1's are fine, if you can grip them reasonably well with your left hand and they have a spread of buttons on the top of the js that you can reach with your left thumb.(most people only use a couple anyway)
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.
Saitek makes a stricly Left-Handed system, not just a joystick, but a throttle as well. They're both connected and intended for simultanious use. Anyhow, it is perfect for lefties.

Hard to find though, took me over a year of looking. Can't exactly remmember the website, but it was a special order, and it ran me about $70.
It's best to watch a furball collapse, analyzing the movements of the enemy. Watch how they maneuver, when they fire, how they break. Visualize your own attacks against those observations, then go in for the kill. Sometimes, though, you don't get that advantage. It's at these times where you go in guns blazing, but keep your head on a swivel.
[Image: laughing.gif]
Hard to imagine more than one of those mits o urs tryin to work a joy at all pup, let alone tryin ta cross em up.[Image: yikes.gif]
ROFL!!! Well, at least I don't sit on a pile of phonebooks to REACH the computer desk.... Tongue  ;D Wink ;D  although I DO admit that that brush does keep the dest off of the monitor.  lol >Big Grin
dest....see? good typing with these paws now...THAT'S something else entirely.  Dust is what I was TRYING to type....lol. :Smile Tongue
Oh man so funny you mentioned phone books. Guess what I pulled on Lethyl at the wedding for Pics LMAO....!!!!!!

Yep Yep, I held my hand out firm ceasing all action, motioned to my buddy, and he brought me up volume one of the Portland/Vancouver Metro area, placed it properly on the ground and took my stand atop it. ;D
It was a crowd pleaser! :-[
OK but are you serious I'D LIKE POTOGRAPHIC PROOF THANK YOU VERY MUCH (Oh and Tank i hope to get to be under your wing and im also on fanfiction.net look me up in the search as soon as you read it most of my storys thought are in a state of writers block thought AND I hope to play a game with you some times seeya.
Powered up, Blasters ready, lets do this!