Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ATTN: Anyone have any Knowledge of this
I received this rater curious email and hopefully someone may know more about it, I for one do not recall such a thing happening but, well have a read....

Hello,
Sorry to bother you and yours directly but i do not want this spreeding about just incase that the whole sorry is true, i would not want to embarase my whole clan because i am suspicious. I am Papa Smurf Paktu of Kiith Paktu a Homeworld 2 clan and genreal gaming forum. Recently we where hacker by someone who was formally one of your members of so it has been claimed, then one of yours saved our ass, unfortunatly most our site was deleted, the server did not back itself up, i mean how gay is that, so we lost alot of important info, anyway that does not really matter, what i am asking of you here is could you look over this story that this person posted on what happened and how he saved us, i have to admit i do not believe a word of it technically it is all possible, but i am suspicious of the way they found him, as any hacker would re install window after each attack in order to avoid tracker being inplanted in his system files, heres what this gentalman wrote:

I fyou'll allow me, i can explain what happened....
☼§☼ Greetings to all of Paktu!

I hail from ReBeL Squadron, a clan that usualy sticks to Star Wars based games (ex. Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy, XvT, XWA). In any case, i was online last night during the entire thing.

Now, for what happened in detail, though Shadow did get the basics out pretty well.

Dake, or General Daku, as he likes to call himself, was a former member of ReBeL Squadron. A couple of years ago, we kicked him out due to the fact that he would always shoot down his wingmates to boost his own score. He flew for himself.

About a month after we kicked him out, our forum was hacked by him. Thankfully or founder and host Hondo pulled the plug on our server and we lost next to nothing. Lucky us. Anyhow, Daku didn't know about a failsafe device built into our server that implanted a tracer into his system files, hidden among hunderds of other files, so if he was online, our council could track him.

There was a team formed to hunt down the bastard and his newly formed band of rebrobates, the Nighthawks. I headed up that team and was given the program that enabled me to trace him.

Well, we though we'd gotten rid of him for good. BUt that was a year ago. Since then, he's come back and nailed at least 7 other clan's forums, though he did a better job on those than he did here. Some of the other clan's servers crashed, not pretty.

In any case, Behemoth, a good friend of mine who is also in my Scout troop, and i were talking online last night when this crap started. I watched the events unfold and when he revealed himself as Daku, i offered my assistance in tracing the bastard. Night Paktu, WeyrDragon and Behemoth were all online as well, and they can testify to this.

I booted up he tracer system and within half an hour, i had him. With support from Night and Behemoth, i sent his computer a G-Bomb, a program my cousin developed which crashes a harddrive and supposedly melts a motherboard. Unfortunently, the sending wasn't completed until the bastard had already deleted everything, and i wish i'd acted sooner than i did.

About 10 minutes after his computer sahut down, one of his suboordinates came in here under Shadow's name, created a new thread, then closed the forum down. This was around 12:20 AM EST.

That's what happened last night, and i hope it clarifies a few things.

I'm here to hepl if they ever come back. Just send me an e-mail or instant message, and i'll come running.

☼§☼
RBL_Goku1
Wrath 2
Gundam Team Commander
Creator of the U-Wing
destroyer of the Vong
Legendary Super Saiyan

Please if you could help in anyway about the validity of this story, i know you will not be able to help with the specifics of what went on but how about the tracker and the squadron that was set up to try and take this guy down, its all very suspicious, personally i believe one of our own was involved (though i hope to hell that they are not) is this Goku1 as high and might as he makes out, if its all true then my apologise for wasting you valuable time, but it smells to me and i am determined to get to the bottom of this! My E-mail is [email protected], Thanks for listening!

I am going to reply to this gentleman and let him know of this board and posting.

Admiral Azis
Ancient weapons n hokie religions kid.......every lil bit helps!
Hmmm....Well Goku, maybe you'd like to fill everyone in on this.

I recall you (Goku) mentioning that your buddy gave you the password to the site because he didn't want it anymore and that there was going to be some major changes...I really do hope though that this wasn't what you had in mind.

Spreading lies though...not just lies but complete falsehoods and misinformation...that bothers me something fierce.
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
BTW, I've received an email as well.
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
I call [Image: icon_bs.gif].

I run and own the server this forum and site is on... it has never been hacked, hijacked or otherwise defaced, and I have never "shut the forum down in the nick of time" to thwart some sort of an "attack".

So that quashes any claims of RBL ever having any hacker issues.

As far as the rest of it goes I have no idea, but it sounds like someone has quite the imagination, if not delusions of grandeur. If someone did have a password to this other clans site... defacement is pretty easy when you have access, and generally this isnt considered hacking by a long shot, but rather... rude heh.
Rebel parts... Imperial parts... All Made on Tatooine!!!
I have no knowledge of this and I dont like my name being a part of it either. I have no time to play the kiddie games someone is trying and it pisses me off. Someone please let me know what comes of this. ~S~

Hondo
??? :o >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad
Ok...it gets more and more surreal...

http://www.paktu.com/forums/showthread.p...readid=744

Here's the whole thread on the Paktu site.
~§~
Hey, i'm totally in the dark here. I've never even heard of Paktu, much less homeworld 2.

I think someone's playing a sick joke on these Paktu guys and trying to stick me for it. I've got history entries on my yahoo messenger that don't make any sense to me at all. Several contacts have appeared on my list that i have no clue about, and i've got loggin times at times i know i wasn't on.

seems to me as though a certian friend of mine who knows my password and is sick enough to do this is using my name to cause trouble.

Honest guys, i have no idea what the hell is going on.
It's best to watch a furball collapse, analyzing the movements of the enemy. Watch how they maneuver, when they fire, how they break. Visualize your own attacks against those observations, then go in for the kill. Sometimes, though, you don't get that advantage. It's at these times where you go in guns blazing, but keep your head on a swivel.
upon further reflection and some convo with Tank, i've figured out that a certain Scout in my troop who also knows my passwords for everything ( cause i always use the same one) is probably behind this. he's been pissed off at me for a couple of weeks because i stripped him of his rank for punching out another Scout.

He prides himself in being a "hacker" and he's told me himself that he's recently crashed some clan's site called "Drunken Pirates". I wouldn't put it past him to have used my sn to cause all this crap.

I swear guys, i haven't done any of this. This is out of nowhere. You might recall a guy called behemothPAKTU who posted a couple of times here. This is the guy i'm talking about. Never knew what paktu was until now.

I've checked out the link posted by Tank and read all of it. I've never talked like that before! I wasn't even online that night!. I was at a Troop meeting discussing what the next command staff selections should be, then i was home and in bed. My computer wasn't even on that night, and my mom was on on this one, and she was working on some stuff for my sister's school's PTA.

I'm in the dark here guys, honestly. But i am going to have a talk with Blake ( behemoth) later, and he's not going to like it.

With the utmost honesty,
☼§☼
RBL_Goku1
It's best to watch a furball collapse, analyzing the movements of the enemy. Watch how they maneuver, when they fire, how they break. Visualize your own attacks against those observations, then go in for the kill. Sometimes, though, you don't get that advantage. It's at these times where you go in guns blazing, but keep your head on a swivel.
I'm not a happy camper here. Not at all.

Edit: I've posted over at the Paktu site.
~§~
I"m not either bro. someone's soiled my name, and i'm (pardon) pissed off about it.