Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Micro SUCK strikes again
Yes the headline says it all. They have done it again. Looks like a new design to the zone, but there's some good news to it. XVT and XWA (hence good news so green font lol) are back on the games listed under the CD-ROM titles. So you no longer have to go to the direct play rooms.

And in true microsuck fashion here's the bad news. The link to actually get into the game room isn't working. They have loaded up the road to xvt with pop up adds and a new link that makes you sign in, even though you may already be signed in....ect. This is about my fourth try to get into the zone to fly some wow matches tonight. Ok now more bad news, finally got past "security" and it's making me re dl all of the zone files. This is annoying!!!!!

Now that I have that out of my system, if this thing decides to work any time soon I'll be flying wow. If not you have an update on the status of XVT and XWA from the Roving Reporter!
PS ko finally got into the new game room. looks like this update may be worth the headaches. they have all of the star wars games linked together now. so you can click on any game in this genre as long as your cd is in ofcourse, without reloading the zone and going back to each games page.
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
Ok looks like everything is still the same inside the game room. They have added some graphics and new toys to play with in the chat client. Other than that it's the same ole zone with a new look
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
Well, I'm glad that it wasn't a total waste.

I might just go there just to see how bad it could be for me, because (unless they fixed the issue) the only way I could get into the Zone before was to login to MSN Msgr, hop onto Hotmail, then jump over to the Zone. And that didn't always work either.

Sometimes "progress" isn't all that good.
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
I used to log into hotmail and then jump over to the zone. Last night I had to log out of hotmail and then resign in at the zone page. I have learned another bad note to add to this. The upgrades require at least Win 98 or newer. So if any of you are running on older machines (like me lol but I do have 98 luckily) you could be sol. I know at least Rimmer7 is in this category. Hopefully no one around here will be put into the forced retirement ranks.

Ace
Once again there's that 'Progress' thing.

I think most of us are pretty good though. I hope so anyways.
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
Amazingly enough the Zone is working for me now. I don't have to jump into Hotmail first like I used to. What a deal! Smile

Although they sure have changed the looks a bit inside the room. They've MSN Msgred the chatting part of the rooms.

Still....this might prompt me to show up next XvT WoW during an hour or two, since I don't seem to have to fight to get in. Course I haven't tried to login during a WoW, so I could be speaking WAY too soon.

Oh yea...Wraith and I are rulers of the Zone as of.....1:42 AM tonight. ;D
~§~
I never had to jump into Hotmail. I use my Yahoo acount. And it seems as though these new features may work better with my new opperating system. (Windows 2000)
It's best to watch a furball collapse, analyzing the movements of the enemy. Watch how they maneuver, when they fire, how they break. Visualize your own attacks against those observations, then go in for the kill. Sometimes, though, you don't get that advantage. It's at these times where you go in guns blazing, but keep your head on a swivel.