Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOLO'ed earlier this evening!
Woohoo! Finally solo'ed after many days of waiting for a calm sunny day... in the midwest those are rare LOL

I was nervous but managed to keep the butterflies at bay and stayed focus. Spread my wings at KLWC (Lawrence Kansas) uncontrolled airport. Got a little busy on my first and second landings but my instructor told me afterward that I did fine.

I still have a permanent grin on my face... just now getting home after celebrating at a friends house with some BBQ ;D heheh

My son took the pic, this one is my first landing by my lonesome...
[Image: P4150291.JPG]

This one is yours truly after we got back to my home field (KOJC)... They took pics of my shirt tail cutting but on another camera (dont have the pics yet)
[Image: P4150294.JPG]
Rebel parts... Imperial parts... All Made on Tatooine!!!
WAHOOOO!!!! Bout frickin time they unhooked ya  ;D I know you've been snappin links of that leash heheh.
That first landing looks a lil, uhmm LONG LOL!!!!! Wander why that is weeeeeeeeeeeee  ^Smile^
Ancient weapons n hokie religions kid.......every lil bit helps!
(04-16-2007, 07:05 AM)Azis link Wrote: WAHOOOO!!!! Bout frickin time they unhooked ya  ;D I know you've been snappin links of that leash heheh.
That first landing looks a lil, uhmm LONG LOL!!!!! Wander why that is weeeeeeeeeeeee  ^Smile^

LOL yep, been snapping at it for awhile now  Tongue

Yeah I was just crossing the numbers in that pic... the guy in front of me took his time getting off the runway so I was setting up for a go around, but alas he got off the runway so I pulled power and plunked her down  <)Smile
Congrats on your first solo.
I'm still looking into how/where to do helicopter piloting / aviation training. Anybody have any knowledge on this (Based in/'round Dallas, Texas).
Do not under estimate the power of the dark side!
(04-16-2007, 12:11 PM)Man53 link Wrote: Congrats on your first solo.
I'm still looking into how/where to do helicopter piloting / aviation training. Anybody have any knowledge on this (Based in/'round Dallas, Texas).

Thanks!

Here's one I found in Dallas http://www.helicopter-training.net/schoo...egory_id=3
Looks like they use R22's and R44's, good training heli's... same ones they train with on my field here in KS.

Just plug in dallas texas flight school in google, lots of schools there... most of them could probably refer you to any places in the area that provide heli training like the one above.
Congrats Holmes! Big Grin
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
Congrats Holmes.

Next goal is the 1 mile pin  Wink

Congradulations Holmes!!!

There is nothing like that feeling....first time alone in the plane...it is so.....surreal and peaceful.  

Still remember the first day I soloed.......gusting 30 knots from left to right across the runway.  
What a blast!!!

Great job man, you will never forget this day.

*§*

RBL-Wild§lash

Hawk Squadron
Thanks guys! It was definitely a great feeling. I was actually surprised at the overwhelming calm and how comfortable I felt with the plane. My main worry was traffic seperation in the uncontrolled field. 95% of my traiing has been in Class D towered airports and around Class B airspace, so it felt odd being in control of seperation in the landing pattern. Had 3 guys out there shooting practice ILS approaches, so it made timing interesting on whether to cut in front or get behind em. They didn't know I was solo, and I didn't want no special treatment  <)Smile I extended on one of em and think I made my instructor nervous watching me get smaller and smaller lol

I'm still working on my write up, let me know what you think:

So there I was at 10,000 feet and inverted, fog so thick I couldn't see the instruments. The only way I knew I was inverted was my flying medals hanging in my face. I knew I was in trouble when ATC said climb and maintain field elevation...  Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

lol I seen that on another board and couldn't resist heheh
(04-17-2007, 10:05 AM)Holmes link Wrote: So there I was at 10,000 feet and inverted, fog so thick I couldn't see the instruments. The only way I knew I was inverted was my flying medals hanging in my face. I knew I was in trouble when ATC said climb and maintain field elevation...  Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

lol I seen that on another board and couldn't resist heheh

That is funny, reminds me of a coffee cup I have. Has an attitude and slip indicator both way outa whack LOL and it says..."Bad Attitude"  ;D
Ancient weapons n hokie religions kid.......every lil bit helps!