Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welp, I've moved to a new doghouse.
Been busy the past week + getting all the junk in the old place moved to the new location(save for the stuff Snowbird would ALLOW me to get rid of, heh) and house closing was yesterday.  So today, I can finally start reFINDING everything again(should only take several years  Wink).  The entire households been going buggy without internet access so guess what was requested to be hooked up 1st?  ;D  Surprisingly, it seems to be working fine, once I refound and sorted everything(my son was so desperate to get it hooked up he took it upon himself to attempt it on his own.....and Azis thinks I'M hopeless with this stuff...lol...WHAT a mess!
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.
lol, at least the move seems to have been executed well, if a bit rushed lol.  I know how that goes.  Mom and my younger brother BOTH had to move recently...man has that been a trial and a half.

First thing that was installed though....was the DSL.  Only the antenna freezes, so they get downgraded to dial-up of late lol.
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
You don't have the pack-up to datapad feature?  Tongue Tongue
Rebel parts... Imperial parts... All Made on Tatooine!!!
Well at least the OLD is done and now the NEW can start  Wink
A few months, a good snow storm, maybe a power outage to bump around the place in the dark for a few days and you won't even member the OLD place.
Heh at least maybe this ole board will have some action agin, gets a bit quiet when you dont come draggin your food bowl up n bangin on the door.  :-*
Ancient weapons n hokie religions kid.......every lil bit helps!
(02-17-2007, 09:14 AM)M1A2Tanker link Wrote: First thing that was installed though....was the DSL.  Only the antenna freezes, so they get downgraded to dial-up of late lol.

Antenny? DSL? eh  :o ??? :-4
Challenge this weekend has been to FIND the food dish!!....AND the kitchen.....AND the living room(been scared to pick up an item from EITHER location for fear of being buried in a collapse of boxes and bags  ;D)  Bedroom's been easy...when tired enough, ANYWHERE seems to work...lol.

Actually, we HAVE been making headway...the stacks are no longer higher than my head  Tongue  Hopefully tomorrow we'll FINALLY get a phone hooked up. Tech came in Tuesday and couldn't get a signal, so informed us we'd need rewiring done....Friday....natch Friday come to find out THAT isn't the problem, just that a competing phone company has the old phone number and won't DEVULGE what it was(unit's been vacant for some time)....so NOW Monday, tech is supposed to be coming by to try something else....in the meantime, we've got the landlord involved and HE'S supposed to be coming in to rewire the phone Monday.  Honestly, it seems the fun NEVER ends this move.  :'( :'(  I could write a book about everything that's happened, lol.
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.
(02-18-2007, 08:15 AM)Azis link Wrote: Antenny? DSL? eh  :o ??? :-4

Wireless DSL.  Requires an antenna to the tower.  And it does not like the cold at all it seems.  :Smile
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
(02-18-2007, 06:48 PM)M1A2Tanker link Wrote: Wireless DSL.  Requires an antenna to the tower.  And it does not like the cold at all it seems.  :Smile

Ahk I got ya, actually wireless "Broadband" not DSL which is landline over existing copper wire...er well here

http://www.g4tv.com/techtvvault/features...s_DSL.html

Wireless DSL is not really DSL.
At its best, fixed terrestrial wireless provides a broadband experience comparable to DSL, which is why it's sometimes called wireless DSL. However, the term DSL (digital subscriber line) properly refers only to data service over standard copper telephone lines. In addition, there are important technical differences between fixed terrestrial wireless and DSL. Hence, the term "wireless DSL" is not really accurate.
Eh, that's how the ISPs sell it as.  Don't ask me cause I don't get it either.  I used to have wireless DSL, but after they tinkered with my antenna (added an extension) it went to crap whenever the weather thought about sneezing rain. 

Tried telling them it was a problem with the extension and water had to be leaking into it (it hadn't gone out in rain until then) but noooooo....can't be that!  :Smile
~§~
That's interesting and good to know about. I know my brother, Arson, had wireless in deep nowhere SW Kansas and had a very good connection. Used to host for Crimson all the time with it even. I did know it is "Line of sight" but in deep nowhere SW Ks. heheh there aint a hill or tree till WELL beyond the horizon.

Cable is advertised as all sorts of things also, like 5-10x faster than DSL oh but the catch is "Power BOOST" and not a garunteed or even constant or consistent speed, just capable of... :o
Just a little funny how it all gets compared to ...

Think I will just keep my 100 yr old + copper wire  <)Smile