Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star Wars Squadrons Recruiting
Star 
Ladies and Gentlmen of RBL........I come to you with great news!  We have a chance to resurrect our careers.  (our role play of star-fighter pilot careers lol)  A few months back I posted an introduction to a promising new star wars game called squadrons.  The time has come, squadrons is upon us, and let me tell you all it's for real!  This game feels like a spiritual successor to the x wing series.  I can't explain it, things just feel natural.  There is a campaign with a pretty decent story.  Online features a dog fight mode, and a fleet battle mode that tosses in taking down capital ships.  Each star-fighter has it's own unique feel and play style.  The controls work on a console controller with some minor tweaks for personal taste, the game supports hotas and flight sticks, and even VR in some cases.  It is available on Xbox, PC, and gaystation.  This is my rallying cry for RBL to get back to the hangars!  Pay attention to this next bit very closely mates.....it doesn't matter what platform you play on...we can all fly together!  Cross platform play is a reality and works very smoothly. 

For 15 years (give or take a couple) we have been asking for a sequel to x wing alliance.  Ladies and gentlemen this is it.  Don't listen to the negative reviews and posts out there.  Those are coming from fools that expected this to be a cake walk or a joke like the star fighter abortion they tacked onto battlefront 2.  Or the shambles of a star fighter mode that they attempted with swotor.   Kids that have never done a flight sim before are whining the game is to hard.....it's completely skill based like x wing!  It's a pretty simple concept and deceptively simple game, but there's a lot going on under the hood.  Ohhh and I almost forgot to mention the price tag is only $40.  Give this a try.  If it doesn't awaken your inner star fighter pilot.......my the force have mercy on your soul.  

Now I don't usually do these kinds of posts.....but I'm looking for wing-men.  I don't want to squad up with randoms because stacking up losses means something in this game, even if you perform well individually.  I want to fly with people that know what they are doing.  I miss my brothers and sisters here at the station.  I'm begging you Rebel Squadron.....give this game a chance!  Help me RBL....your my only hope! 

**personal note yes most of my messages will be here at the comms or on xbox live.  I can't stand reddit, subreddit, or discord.  If you want to find me you know where to look ***

☼§☼  Hawk 2 out!
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
I know Fieryone has been promoting this on RBL discord, I will let him know of your recruitment. I think Goku is also doing it and maybe even Tank!

I will take a look at it if on PC but I don't do console ;P

Az
Ancient weapons n hokie religions kid.......every lil bit helps!
After messing around with this game a bit since it launched I am loving it! So many things are done right. Each star fighter feels unique and has it's own quirks. It's easy to get lost on a map once things get crazy as you also have to dodge debris or space stations while dog fighting. If you wander to far onto enemy territory the cap ships will tear you up. I'm going to be playing on my xbox as my pc is a bit older now and can't run it.

My one complaint so far is a pretty big one imo. I'm all for cross play console vs console. Both have to use controllers, yes I know some try hards will still get flight sticks for consoles but they aren't as powerful as the pc counterparts. So console vs console players should be pretty evenly matched. However they made a huge mistake and also enabled cross play with pc players. The good to ridiculously good players on pc with flight sticks are dominating every ranked match. This is frustrating because it has lead to some laughably bad games on my part that I know would be more even if I was on level footing. For those that don't know....the main issue is it's easier to turn and do evasive maneuvers on a stick rather than a controller. To this point it's also been frustrating being matched up with team mates that clearly have no clue what they are doing.

To sum up I still highly recommend squadrons. It's fun, the story in campaign is decent. When you get an even match up on ranked matches the games can be quite intense and a lot of fun.
There is no emotion:  There is peace.  There is no ignorance, there is knownledge.  There is no passion, there is serenity.    There is no chaos, there is harmony.   There is no death, there is only the force-jedi code
I'm always game for a wingy.
It's best to watch a furball collapse, analyzing the movements of the enemy. Watch how they maneuver, when they fire, how they break. Visualize your own attacks against those observations, then go in for the kill. Sometimes, though, you don't get that advantage. It's at these times where you go in guns blazing, but keep your head on a swivel.
Good stuff mate! I'll be on to play more this weekend. Either this week or next week they are fixing the ranking bug so that should help bring some players back!
So, can we get a list of everyone's Steam ID's so we can buddy up here?
It's best to watch a furball collapse, analyzing the movements of the enemy. Watch how they maneuver, when they fire, how they break. Visualize your own attacks against those observations, then go in for the kill. Sometimes, though, you don't get that advantage. It's at these times where you go in guns blazing, but keep your head on a swivel.
I don't use steam. Find me on xbox. RBL Acehigh
EA ID: RBL Acehigh (for cross play)