Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SWG ending service on Dec. 15
:'(
http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts...id=1220357

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts...id=1220299

To those of you who haven't, might take advantage of the free 45 days granted last month. Maybe we can get RBL together for a farewell to SWG thing or somethin...
Rebel parts... Imperial parts... All Made on Tatooine!!!
Beat me to the punch Holmes...just found out about it myself through a friend on facebook.

Can't say I'm entirely surprised..game was dying well before the hacker attack...but that REALLY took the wind out of their sails.
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.
I dunno, I feel the hacking thing gave them some free publicity in a way. The playerbase still seems pretty strong.

I guess all good things come to an end.

Got some really good memories in that game. I still remember my first day on Gorath and Aslan coming to the Mining Outpost on Dant to pick me up because I was totally lost. Then I kinda hung around the RBL village for a few days as I was afraid I wouldn't be able to find my way back LOL.

and of course all those space missions on both gorath and SS, all the guildies come and gone, the late night crafting missions with Snoopy... and weeks of hunting on Kash with Az heheh  *sigh
You sure you weren't hunting Az instead?  Tongue

Had a feeling they'd be closing the doors on it soon as The Old Republic came close to being open to the public.  They wouldn't want the competition, for one.  Plus, Galaxies is showing its age, and frankly, they've beat the hell out of it so much that they've done the best you can to drive players away. 
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.
Oh guys, a friend told me that if you buy some time before October 12th it's free up until the end of service, I might just due this for old times sake.
Powered up, Blasters ready, lets do this!
Sep. 15 is the cutoff date. Basically you gotta have some form of paid account status, either a sub or game card active on Sep 15 to get the free time from there on to the end.

If account is not active on Sep 15, they are not allowing any financial account changes after Sep. 15. Which basically means no way to play at all after Sep 15 if you dont have an active account on that day.

I wish they would have just made it free from the announcement until the end.
Well my main account is good until the end, managed to dig up some change and get it turned on for the Sep 15 cutoff. It's free from here on out.
Curious what they came up with for their grand finish.  Still in there Holmes?
(12-11-2011, 07:54 AM)Snoopy link Wrote: Curious what they came up with for their grand finish.  Still in there Holmes?

Me too. Yeah I still have active account (only my main). It's depressing logging in to a completely empty friends list though.
Are you still in Snoopy?
No,  I missed the cutoff.  :'(