RBL Comlink

Full Version: Had a bit of a scare today.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was in Galaxies working on boosting the damage capacity of 1 of my new weaponsmithing schematics when everything litterally froze up on me. (Haven't had THAT happen since I had the motherboard replaced).  Scratching my head, I restarted the computer to go back into the game.  THAT's when the fun began!  Long story short, I couldn't RESTART windows OR reinstall it either, no matter what I tried.  I kept getting the message that claimed I had NO HARD DRIVE!!!  :'( :'( :'( :'(  All I could think of was "what in the world did I get hit with THIS time".  :Smile :o :Smile

Luckily, after several hrs of fruitless attempts, I decided to give up and just pull the plug and give it a rest, resigned to having the tower in the shop for the next week or so.  Wouldn't ya know...after making sure everything was cooled down sufficiently...I tried restarting it 1 last time....and the silly beast started working PERFECTLY again!!!  Talk about a near miss.... :Smile I'd have felt rather foolish taking it into the shop Monday to find out it was working fine.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Hmm...might want to anyways, but I'm not a tech support person lol.  Still, that's disturbing to say the least.  Glad it's working ok man.  Smile  Don't need any close calls like that.
That is hell for me right there when im sick i really on the computer to entertain me since i can't do much when im sick.
Maybe your harddrive overheated....

Is it sitting in a tight place or is there enough space, allowing air to flow around it?
I'd tend to believe the overheating idea..esp. considering what the temp. was in my little den room that day.
MORE FANS SCOTTY WE NEED MORE FANS!!!  I have 8 of them lol Ahh do my feet feel good buy my computer LOL ;D
A wonder you don't blow away Aslan, lol.
A bigger wonder that he hasn't clogged up his fans from all his wookie hair. Tongue
Wonder how many more would be needed to prove he doesn't need a spaceship to fly?  :o Wink ;D ;D ;D
HAH HA HA  Tongue you guys will see my fans will rule the worl.......yeooouch!! My hair turn of the power turn off the #$*#(%*#YUBYUB........... what next??
Pages: 1 2