RBL Comlink

Full Version: Combat Flight Sim
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
World of Warplanes is in beta. So far it's pretty fun.
Post on here if you download it and try it out, we can get a game or two in together.

My in-game name is.... wait for it...

Man53

See you in the skies.
☼§☼
I'm told it works pretty solidly; although, there's some balance issues currently.  I've played World of Tanks.  Solid free game. 

Speaking of which...perhaps we should duel it out in tanks sometime. Big Grin

Been running around in The Old Republic, now as a level 45 Gunslinger.  Oooh yea, guns be blazin! Big Grin
Since this turned into a TOR thread, I split the topic to the SWTOR forum
I too have gotten into world of warplanes Smile  While my stick is gathering dust........really need to replay xwing series lol, I have gotten rather used to flying with my xbox sticks.  War planes is a very fun fast paced game once the shooting starts.  My biggest gripe right now is the kamikaze idiots that take you out rather than shoot ya, but that may also be a useful tactic lol...... :-4  not found of the die and your out mode, but have been loving this game as well.  if they add a deathmatch mode it just might be my new favorite
Well if you think about it Ace, that ramming tactic is not terribly different from what we did in XvT or XWA.  I recall many times managing to have my wreckage crash into my opponent.  Twice at least a couple times. 

Though in World of Warplanes they seem to think that ramming to get at least one kill is better than getting no kills at all, or just causing damage.  We are finding that it behooves you to make use of AP rounds, especially with the lower tier aircraft, since they tend to just have .30 caliber machine guns.  Not enough punch otherwise.
So I'm in World of Warplanes now.  Joy of joys, it has joystick support! It's been a nice return to flying, and it's nice to know that I've still got some of those hard won skills burned into my with thousands of blaster shots in WoW...and maybe a few trout cannon attacks. Tongue

Though if you see a burning aircraft falling from the sky, there's a very strong chance that was me.

The more things change... lol
Looks pretty cool! Downloading now :Smile

asis_121

14hrs 52 min  :o (125KB/sec)

Zzzzzooooooooooommmmmm

Multiple servers or????
There are multiple server clusters, based on region, but if you want to friend someone on the game, it doesn't matter where they're located.  Unlike say TOR, you're not separated by server, so you can add anyone you have the ID for to your friends list. 

I'm in the game as RBL_M1A2Tanker

Catchy, huh?  Tongue
(03-02-2014, 03:14 PM)M1A2Tanker link Wrote: [ -> ]There are multiple server clusters, based on region, but if you want to friend someone on the game, it doesn't matter where they're located.  Unlike say TOR, you're not separated by server, so you can add anyone you have the ID for to your friends list. 

I'm in the game as RBL_M1A2Tanker

Catchy, huh?  Tongue

heheh ko, I have another 6.3 GB to download so working on i now. Maybe by this weekend.

I watched a bunch of trailers, mostly the flight schools. Not by any means a sim but looks like a cool arcade.
Brings back memories of crimson skies and cfsII/III
it is arcadey but that was the point Smile  it is very fun to play  8)  my only complaint is one life and your out the rest of the round if you die.  My P-23 is pretty massive right now though lol........name is either rbl_acehigh or acehigh
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5