RBL Comlink

Full Version: Most should know
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Most of you should know this by now, but according to Sony Online Entertainment and Lucas Enterprises, Star Wars Galaxies will be coming to its long over-due close.
The up and coming release of "KOTOR: Online" combined with the massive failure of Star Wars Galaxies to hold an active player base (Probably because it was a paid beta test for nearly 4 years) has led to this event. Current account holders of Star Wars Galaxies will be given some form of special compensation for their dedication when KOTOR: Online is released. Naturally this "compensation" will be trash, as they cannot allow unfair advantages over other players that will last for more than a "brief" period of time (a few days or so sounds about normal, if anything good at all) in an massive multi-player, so ladies and gentlemen of the SWG realm, unfortunately, the end is near.
:'( aww anyways The old republic sounds fun  ;D i hope there is space
I don't know where you get this claim from Man.  They came out and said that no, Galaxies would not be shut down.

This is as of October 24th.  http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/55548

I think what you'll see happen, is a scaling back of SWG, such as fewer galaxy choices. Ultimately, it will be the # of paying players that will decide it, 1 way or the other.

On the other paw, man's done an excelent job of getting this forum active again... :-X Wink ;D