Some Tenants of Leadership to follow
Ten Commandments of Leadership
- Treat everyone with respect and dignity.
- Set the example for others to follow.
- Be an active coach.
- Maintain the highest standards of honesty and integrity.
- Insist on excellence and hold your group accountable.
- Build group cohesiveness and pride.
- Show confidence in your people.
- Maintain a strong sense of urgency.
- Be available and visible to your staff.
- Develop yourself to your highest potential.
The burdens of leadership are great. One of them is to be unpopular when necessary.
- Author Unknown
Not everybody can lead the group at once. One person is typically chosen, and they hold the title of "leader." But there are really two distinct types of leadership.
- Take Charge
- Provide for Everyone Fairly
- Accomplish the Mission
- Make Decisions and Solve Problems as necessary
- Follow Through with Commitments
- Second the Leader's Opinion
- Follow Through with Delegated Duties
- Help Your Leader Make Proper Decisions
- Provide Good Ideas and Feedback
- Encourage Harmony and Teamwork within the group as necessary