Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinion
i wana make a new computer but im a NOOB at this stuff can you tell me if these parts are ok?

Video Card: BFG GeForce 8800GTS OC 40MB - 549.99
Case: Antec Solo Black Mid Tower - 99.99
Power Supply: Antec Neo HE 550Watt - 99.99
CPU: Intel Pentium Duo Core E6300 - 180.00
Mother Board: MSI P965 Neo-F Intel - 103.00
Hard Drive: 300GB Seagate - 74.99
Memory: DD2 1GB PC4200 - 89.99
DVD/CD RW: Samung 18x internal DVD/CD RW - 59.99
Trying to rival Tank's beast eh?
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.
maybe... also my comp right now i hate soo much!! >Sad
I'd make sure that the memory goes with the Mobo.  Some mobos can't use PC4200, type RAM.  And I dunno why you'd spend that much on the vid card; I didn't spend THAT much on mine. 

The Power Supply looks good, though I'd go with 600 watt personally.  Good call on the CPU. 

I'd have to actually look at the parts you have listed there on Newegg, but at the moment it doesn't look too bad.  Only questionable thing is the vid card considering it's only 40 megs, even if a 8800GTS.
~§~
Tanker (tangk'er)n. 1. A dusty, crusty, grease-covered, dirty, sweaty, bright eyed, fuzzy faced, haircut-needing, beer-drinking, underrated, over-worked, underpaid, oversexed, little s%#* who can take a Tank and do more battlefield damage in ten minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.

Go here http://www.tomshardware.com/ and do some research.

The last thing you want to do is pay too much for something you can't use.
RBL-Wild§lash

Hawk Squadron
Toms is good, also they ride things pretty hard here  <)Smile  http://www.anandtech.com/
Ancient weapons n hokie religions kid.......every lil bit helps!
Here's the curernt layout of my rig, soon to change:

Motherboard: ACPI x86
Video card: nVidia GeForce 6150 LE with 512 DDR2  ( soon to be an nVidia GeForce 7900 )
HD: Stock HP 350 gig 7200 rpm
Monitor: Magview 19" flatpanel
Keyboard: G-15 gaming keyboard
Mouse: Kensington Optical Gaming Mouse
CPU: Dual AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 4200+
CD Drive: LightScribe DVD SuperMulti Drive / CD-writer. I loooove this thing.
RAM: 1 gig DDR2, though Vista seems to like using 200MB of it, so a 2 gig DDR2 chip goes in soon.

Comes complete with 7 USB2 slots and 2 Firewire ports. Currently running the net through a Belkin wireless PCI card. Speed's not bad, but nothing to write home about.

Tis not much of a beast, but it does it's job.

One fact though... it's running Vista Premium. Has it's faults, bugs, etc, but the latest updates have helped ALOT. And once you disable the Use Account settings, you don't get that annoying "APPROVE/DENY" crap everytime you go to run something.

And his name's Ajax. HAMMER TIME!
It's best to watch a furball collapse, analyzing the movements of the enemy. Watch how they maneuver, when they fire, how they break. Visualize your own attacks against those observations, then go in for the kill. Sometimes, though, you don't get that advantage. It's at these times where you go in guns blazing, but keep your head on a swivel.
Vista is a boat anchor LOL, thats why they can't even GIVE it away  :o
Ancient weapons n hokie religions kid.......every lil bit helps!
It has it's faults, like i said, but it runs a bit smother than the XP pro SP2 i was using on my other computer. adding the 2 gig ram chip ought to boost it up well past where it needs to be.
It's best to watch a furball collapse, analyzing the movements of the enemy. Watch how they maneuver, when they fire, how they break. Visualize your own attacks against those observations, then go in for the kill. Sometimes, though, you don't get that advantage. It's at these times where you go in guns blazing, but keep your head on a swivel.
well i changed the vidoe card ot a PNY 8800GTS 640MB wich is 499.9
and i changed the Mother Board ot a Asus P5NSLI NVIDIA® nForce™ 570 SLI™ Intel® Edition
Socket LGA775 ATX Motherboard