Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flyin
[Image: file.jpg]
Ancient weapons n hokie religions kid.......every lil bit helps!
=O Them Imps sure are gonna wonder what your trying to do to them Azis.

1) Make them luagh so hard they pee their pants

or

2) Luagh so hard they ram there ties into one another.
Powered up, Blasters ready, lets do this!
Heh, obviously you haven't seen what he ARMED it with yet.  :-X  There's something to be said for drawing in the curious for a closer look.  :-4 >Big Grin >Big Grin >Big Grin Wink
Beware my dark side......oh! Hi Dark.
Heheh weeellllll this one aint armed like the "Mac Seeker" was.

I was playin with engine failures on MS Flight sim and found this barn that is actually only a few miles from mine.
Mainly I was testing a new feature my host for my photo album added being able to link to the file.

Ne of them IMP's wanna climb on in and share some cozy BO tho we can get Nurse C up n on the ready  :-4
I wish I was flyin.... Kansas weather sucks right now for small aircraft  :'(
Rebel parts... Imperial parts... All Made on Tatooine!!!
Lota wind with that cold High Pressure?
Yesterday here was bout as close to the "Winter Wonderland" as I think it could have been. Mainly our one shot each season for snow and some artic cold.
I went out once with building storms LOL in the Cub...aint no windsock at Daybreak...DOH!!! 25kt crosswinds...gettin up wasn't so much a problem as it was a mistake heheheh...finally did get her down but landed it pointed south on east/west runway...bout 50 airspeed 15 ground Wink maybe a 30' roll out.

Holmes you been able to find n sim/test fly ne of your prospective purchases...?
You solo yet...?
Yessir lots of wind. On the odd days that we get nice severe clear skies it's gusting to 30kts on the ground at a x/wind (wind sock straight out and pole leaning over lol)... I dont even bother to check aloft.l It's like being teased, 'cause it sure looks nice out the window  Tongue

Thats funny on those high headwinds, I havent landed in anything higher than 16kts yet, but that was enough to make my approach interesting heh. But one day about month or so ago we was practicing slow flight into the wind, our groundspeed was almost 0 lol I bet that looked funny from the ground heheh

Yep yep I been flyin the sim quite a bit. I havent solo'd yet. I'm real close, but I havent flown in 3 weeks on account of weather/instructor avail./airplane Sad I was at the point where 2 more flights or so I would have solo... but being so long now I'm prolly rusty and will have to catch up again heh.

Funny, the day I soloed in a Cessna 150 it was gusting 30 knots across the small dirt field I learned to fly at.

My instructor said that it had been windy pretty much everytime we had flown and wasn't concerned at all about me taking his plane up in those conditions.

He taught me the wing-low method.

Loved flying, lots of fond memories.
RBL-Wild§lash

Hawk Squadron
Zero ground speed is cool even watching from the ground. Summer time planes come out here all the time doin stalls n such cuz of all the lowland pastures and berry farms...lots a places to set down.
One nice thing about training from a small field, my Instructor had me out one time with 25knt winds which is a sit and watch day for the Cub. But we came back to the field and @1500' he did a zero ground speed stall perpindicular to the runway and waved at office heheh. He got talked to about having Cub out specially with a student but they just laffed about the hover  :-4
LOL at the hover Az  <)Smile

I think those days we were doin stalls and slow flight, wind was about 35kts at altitude.

The high winds lately here have all been perpendicular to the runway so no flyin, if it's due north or south though.. no problem  ;D

They limit us here on the cessna 172's to a 12kt x/wind component (which I think is actually recommended in the manual) at least until we've shown really good proficiency... but some of the students at my field scare me. I followed one part of the way driving home once, and turning left through an interesection they ran over the median and almost took out a sign and a lightpole  :o ... I was like hmmmm and they are flying a plane?  ???

Had another one that landed so hard in a skid that rolled the tire off the rim enuf to deflate it to about 10 pounds, and pop the cowling loose. That was an interesting preflight for me... needless to say I didnt get to fly it that day because of all the broken stuff....  Whats funny is the instructor who'd flown it before me with the student, handed me the keys and said "it just needs some fuel".... f*** yeah right. I told my instructor about that and sounds like that other guy might get the axe.

We're doing a flyout on the 20th to Wichita... to the Cessna factory. About 12 planes going, 25 people or so, about 70% are students. I get to take their new 182 with glass panel heheh wheeee!